Archived News for July 27, 2007
Big Contest! Actually, a small contest
Here's the first contest on this site. The strip's been online for a month now, with no advertising, no word-of-mouth campaign and no Wikipedia spamming. Of course, I have been shilling for the strip with friends and colleagues, in the process becoming aware a worrying overlap. At least one friend mailed his acquaintances and told them: "Lookee here for teh Funny" -- a promise I worry I may not kept.
Anyway. So far, not a single e-mail has arrived at the address posted on nearly every page of this site. Apparently, people are simply too busy to copy and paste the line <me AT thisisme-comic DOT com> into their e-mail program, replace the AT and dot with a "@" and a "." and send me words of faint praise. Therefore, I now aim to sweeten the pot with this contest.
Contest Prizes & Rules
- The author of the first e-mail I receive gets one hand-drawn and signed sketch from me. You can specify the situation you want drawn, but it has to involve a character from the strip.
- The author of the second e-mail will receive two hand-drawn and signed sketches from me. You can also specify situations, but I might not follow the suggestions given.
- The author of the third e-mail will receive a hand-drawn sketch of whatever my hand felt like drawing at the time I set pen to paper.
And now, for the fine print. Ahem.
- Anybody whom I personally had to poke to look at my URL is disqualified for reasons that should be obvious. This includes spouses and immediate family in the same household. No cheating, please.
- Spam messages will be ignored.
- You can only win one prize, i.e. if you send me three messages, two will be for naught.
- The contest will run until the first three qualifying messages have been received.
- Because of privacy issues, the names of the winners will not be posted unless they explicitly agree to publication.
- You cannot sue me into drawing you a sketch.
- I retain all authorship rights.
Winners will be notified by e-mail and asked for their postal address, so I can send them the promised sketch.